Here’s a really good movie on the dangers of GMO foods that you can watch online. If you are not aware of this crisis, in my opinion Genetically Modified Foods represent one of the greatest health risks the American public faces today. I HIGHLY recommend everyone educate themselves on GMOs.
Currently around 90% of all commercial Corn, Canola, Soybean, Cotton and Sugar Beets. These crops are pervasive in most packaged foods in the forms of High Fructose Corn Syrup, Corn, Corn Oil, Canola Oil also just labeled Vegetable Oil, Soy, etc. Additionally livestock are fed these GMO crops so they are showing up in all areas of the food chain. Large numbers of GMO Alfalfa, Papaya, Zucchini and Summer Squash have also introduced into the food market. Recently GMO Wheat escaped Monsanto’s experimental fields and now threatens our nation’s food supply. The day after this information was announced Japan (the number one buyer of US Wheat) suspend US Wheat imports. This issue will affect each and every one and our descendants for centuries to come.
Here are some good online resources:
- GMO Shopping Guide – www.nongmoshoppingguide.com
- Institute for Responsible Technology – www.responsibletechnology.org/doctors-warn
- Food Democracy – fooddemocracynow.org
- Institute of Science In Society – www.i-sis.org.uk
- The Organic & Non-GMO Report – www.non-gmoreport.com
- Organic Consumer Association – www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto
- Allergy Kids Foundation – www.allergykids.com